Friday, January 13, 2012

Valentines day

I hope you don't mind me sharing my craftiness on here as well. I must say I am pretty proud of this one because I literally put the idea together while browsing in Hobby Lobby. I have been pretty into having a wreath since I moved in with Erin. I made a Halloween wreath that was inspired by pinterest and then I found a flamingo Christmas wreath in JoAnn's and I just couldn't pass it up. Now I finished this wreath in seriously ten minutes. It took longer for me to send the pictures to my computer from my phone...[until writing this I forgot i could have used my charger cord and saved a load of time. Oh well I do things my way I guess]
What you'll need:
a glue gun 
multiple glue sticks [if you have a mini like me] I probably used five
ONE bag of moss  [I only used half of mine] on sale at HL for $2.50
a heart center HL $9.99 [I am sure they will go on sale in a week or two]
natural floral wreath HL 3.99
Totaling $16.48 pre tax
1. Heat up glue gun.
2. Attach the heart by it's string I glued the knot I made on the back side to secure it.

3. gun out a decent amount of hot glue on about 3in space at a time I just made zig zag patterns in the areas I was working with and I tucked my moss under some of the big vines. The moss is natural so it doesn't have a uniform shape so you made have to glue fluffy moss over top of some of the bare spots.

4. Hang and ENJOY ... Side not if you are married you could use sticks in the center of the heart and form the first letter of your last name or do the first letters of your name like this J+P

No comments:

Post a Comment