Tuesday, January 10, 2012

The REAL number

I really want to be cautious not to use the word "diet". Its not a diet because in my mind diets are temporary. So we will just be calling it my meal plan from here on out when talking about my food I am eating. Well I am drinking green smoothies. Some of you may be familiar with green smoothies... I was unaware of these actually delicious drinks. I will be the first to admit that I have a hard time getting in all my vegetables so when I am able to smoothie down two cups of fresh spinach and disguise it with fresh strawberry banana taste, it makes my life a lot easier. I will say that I have for the most part have also had a very regular track system, but for those of you who don't I am thinking this could possibly help. In listening to a few different pod casts I have come to realize that I am a compulsive eater. I will seriously get a food that I am craving in my head and don't feel satisfied until I have fulfilled that craving. I was also a compulsive over cooker/baker.. in the sense that I would make too big of portions for a sitting or even for a single meal left overs. I would make like three and a half size meal and split it in to two servings. So what is my solution going to be? ... I am going to be more compulsive about losing weight. I really think that putting out my weight on here for the public to read is seriously going to help me stay accountable. I don't think I have actually given an honest answer to my weight to any one other than a doctor or professional who has just taken my weight and seen the REAL number. THAT REAL NUMBER IS AND HAS BEEN FOR A MONTH 201 LBS. TWO HUNDRED AND ONE. I never in a million years would have thought that my number would be in the two hundreds. Because when I used a number to describe a big person I say "they were like over 200lbs" and now where am I? I am over two hundred pounds. My friends would tell me oh well you don't look like you weigh that you are just tall (I'm 5'10")... Well my friends just because you're tall doesn't give you the excuse to just keep eating. here is what my BMI has to say about my weight according to http://www.bmi-calculator.net/. "People falling in this BMI range are considered overweight and would benefit from finding healthy ways to lower their weight, such as diet  meal plan and exercise. Individuals who fall in this range are at increased risk for a variety of illnesses. If your BMI is 27-29.99 your risk of health problems becomes higher. In a recent study an increased rate of blood pressure, diabetes and heart disease was recorded at 27.3 for women and 27.8 for men." my BMI is 28.84.

Well  here goes nothing ... these are my before pictures. I will be trying to take a picture every Friday in the same neon yellow sports bra and yoga pants. Since I don't have a camera you will have to deal with a tacky iphone mirror pictures.
 START DATE!
These two pictures are from 1/2/12
Day 1

These next pictures are from the end of  
WEEK 1




No comments:

Post a Comment